Sunday, December 9, 2007

Bucerias

Fantastic news - I have high speed internet now and I'm typing on my Mac, so no more funky punctuation. And now I get to play catch-up. I know it's lame in the blogosphere to post multiple posts a day, but oh well, I will be doing it anyway. I'm hoping to get be completely caught up journaling our time in Mexico before we leave this coming Thursday. So here I go...

A couple weeks ago we were staying in Bucerias, a town just north of Nuevo Vallarta. It wasn't really a week full of excitement and fun (we all got sick - if you ever want to know how a Mexican pharmacist made me cry, just ask - Jed finally got his computer to work, etc.), so most of the pictures I took during that week aren't worth sharing. But since Zoe's rash was healing pretty quickly we did get to go to the beach a couple of times. Here are some picture taken during our time in Bucerias...

These pictures were taken during a walk we took after church on the Sunday we were there.

Bucerias

Bucerias

Bucerias

Zoe loves putting sand in her hair. She does it every time we get on a beach.

Bucerias

Note that I'm still in my Sunday dress, which I made. Kind of. A week before we left on this trip, I got the crazy idea to sew a dress to wear here. It wouldn't have been such a nutty idea if I'd ever sewn clothing before, which I hadn't. Thanks to a lot of help from my patient friend Carrie, I (we) finished the dress just time. Actually, I did some hand sewing in Ajijic, but I've worn it to church every Sunday. The dress is very fitting for Mexico, and super comfy (I could be pregnant and you'd never know). Thanks, Carrie!

Bucerias

Bucerias

You can't really tell, but these kids were running around either completely naked or with just their underwear on. Looks like being clueless to the rest of the world and having no inhibitions is a lot of fun.

Bucerias

. . .

Some random photos of our time in Bucerias...

Zoe enjoying dinner (we found out the next day it gave her an amoeba - yay) and Jed getting ready to shell and cook shrimp he got from a street vendor.



Except for being covered in food, this is how Zoe always was in Bucerias...covered in sweat and humidity.

IMG_5004.JPG

More of Zoe on the go at the beach.

IMG_5062.JPG

IMG_5064.JPG

1 comment:

carrie said...

the dress looks great! Zoe looks like she has grown so much. And it hasn't even been that long. Maybe I am just imagining. I am so excited for friends to come back!