Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My birthday...

Celebrating my birthday here was different, mostly because it didn't really seem like my birthday; there was no snow, no Christmas lights, no cake, no friends. I was pretty sick and our plans didn't go as we expected, but overall it was a nice day.

I decided I wanted to go to the beach and a brunch restaurant I really like in San Pancho. For what seemed like the second time during our trip, it was overcast. But it was still pretty hot. The beach was fun, although we didn't get to stay there very long because Zoe started having a hard time.

IMG_5152.JPG

So we went to brunch and I ate some fantastic chilaquiles. Zulma taught me how to make them, and when I get back I'll make them for anyone who wants to try them.

IMG_5159.JPG

I was feeling so sick that we went home right after brunch to take naps. Then we made one more attempt at a birthday celebration and went to a restaurant on the beach for dinner. Zoe was surprisingly good, and so was the food. We had a great time.

Sayulita

IMG_5161.JPG

And, Emily, here's me and my piƱa...

IMG_5166.JPG

One our way home Jed had to stop at an internet cafe to find out how to get to church the next day, so Zoe and I walked around Sayulita. I met a Mexican guy who was familiar with Chicago, and it was so fun to hear someone name streets and describes places from my home!

1 comment:

Emy said...

Yay!!! That looks like a good one!!!!