Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The beach in Sayulita

The beach in Sayulita is different from any other beach we've been to on our trip. There are a lot of people, mainly gringos, and a lot of dogs. If you read Jed's post on Sayulita, you can probably envision the beach here.

It's harder to take Zoe to because she follows any dog she can around until it either scares her or plays with her, and there are always a bunch of "street dogs" on the beach. Street dogs are not the best animal for your toddler to hang around with. Aside from the dogs, I actually like this beach. All of the surfers, swimmers, beach bums, music, peddlers, and restaurants makes the beach come to life. Here are some pictures taken at the beach...

IMG_5091.JPG

IMG_5066.JPG

IMG_5106.JPG

IMG_5076.JPG

IMG_5080.JPG

Waterlogged

If I look a bit traumatized in the photo above, it's because I was - I am. Last week I almost died while I was in the ocean (I'm completely serious), although I'm still too freaked out about it to blog about it right now. My father-in-law took this picture right after it happened, while I was telling Jed about it. Jed said I've got bragging rights about my "battle scars" and I guess I should have taken pictures of my leg all bloodied up, but that wasn't really something I was thinking about at the time.

1 comment:

carrie said...

what?!! I've got to hear the story. Sheesh.