Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Things I love about Ajijic

Here are ten things that I love about Mexico so far:
  1. Mexican food is tasty!!!
    yummy take-out
  2. The people are so friendly! Especially the expatriates who really go out of their way to help you out. Our next door neighbors, friends of the owner of the house we're staying in, have had us over to their home a few times already, taken us shopping, given us a tour of the city, given us great tips and told us to call or come over whenever for whatever. Just today they brought us some Mexican bacon. It's supposed to be fantastic.
  3. It's beautiful!
    Jed and Z on the roof in Ajijic
  4. The weather is always perfect.
  5. Diet Dr. Pepper tastes a lot better in Mexico. Or maybe because I'm in Mexico.
  6. The resident lizard. He's always hanging out on top of this desk.
  7. resident lizard
  8. The Mexican people get very excited and friendly when Jed speaks Spanish with them (I hardly know any Spanish), and they love helping us learn more. They are very sweet and love Zoe. They always say she is so bonita!
  9. Every Wednesday is the open market. It's so much fun!
  10. Mexican food is so tasty!
  11. You can get anything on the streets. People walk or drive around selling baked goods, gas, knife sharpening services, water, tacos (yummy!) etc. Jed was thrilled when we ran into the knife sharpening guy. He had him come over to our house. Sounds a little creepy, but it worked out fine.

3 comments:

Karyn said...

We miss you guys already. You are missing 50 degree Chicago weather. :)

Steph said...

I freaking love real Mexican tacos...I hope you eat 100 of them for me!

Chelsey said...

Steph- I'm well on my way to 100! I'll eat extra for you!!!