Monday, November 5, 2007

Imminent victory!

I am humming a happy tune. Today the pest control people came and sprayed the place! Hallelujah! I can't help but smile each time I pass by a spider with it's legs curled in, motionless and dead. Especially since right after the pest people walked out of the door I found another black widow. Oh, don't worry, Jed tracked them down and had them come back to spray it. I shouldn't gloat too much since there are still plenty of live spiders around and other than the ant I just found in the toilet that I can only guess walked itself into and couldn't get out, I have yet to see any other dead insects. I just flicked a big ant off of the arm of my chair. I wonder how far a bug has to go flying through the air and fall to die?

Too bad it's taken this long get the place sprayed. I've gotten so accustomed to them that I don't usually kill them unless they are poisonous or directly in my path, and then sometimes I just kill them with my hands. Which is caused by being numb and lazy, or by instinct - either way it's not pretty.

You know, I haven't seen as many cockroaches in the house as I have outside, but they seem to be dying everywhere. I always see them on the sidewalks, lying on their backs, kicking like crazy until they just stop - dead. Maybe it's the season (bless mother nature) or maybe they get flipped onto their backs and after enough kicking decide to just kick the bucket. Who knows? But they are dead!

But I will continue to pray that we will not get get harmed by insects, or anything else, on this trip!!!

I promise that my next post will not be about bugs, and will have lots of pictures!

2 comments:

Steph said...

KILL those discusting little buggers!!! Missed you SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much last night...thought of you the whole time! Especially during the V-Waltz!

Emy said...

YAY!!!!! Any story about killing bugs and spiders will always be a hit with me ;)