Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gratitude

Things I am grateful for today:

- My little family - my sweet, darling daughter with her little wet kisses and my incredible, adventurous husband with his endless love and patience.

- My other families - the one I was born in to and the one I married in to. I feel very lucky and blessed to be a part of both.

- My friends - for loving me even though I'm quirky and dramatic sometimes. And especially the ones who can appreciate my need for modern conveniences.

- Modern conveniences.

- The kindness and hospitality of the great people we've met here. We had Thanksgiving dinner with some friends we met a an RV park in Guayabitos.

- The beach!

Lo de Marcos
(Lo de Marcos)

- The guy at the music store who gave us a discount for being American instead of charging us more.

- Being me and having my life.

- Being an American.

- Butt Paste and various other diaper creams.

- Disposable diapers.

- My good health and abilities, and the same of those I know and love.

- Computers and a little thing called the Internet.

- Good news - Jed just announced that Zoe may be (knock on wood) recovering from her intestinal dilemma.

- He also announced that an online Apple store just opened up in Mexico!

- Wet-wipes and sanitizing gel

- Target, I love you!

- My education and the opportunity to be educated. My love for learning and those who helped cultivate it.

- Music. Yesterday I was totally depressed, listened to some music and felt so much better!

- Clothes that fit perfectly and make you feel good even when you feel fat.

- My faith and church.

- How beautiful Mexico and the ocean is.

- Books

- Naps

- Clean water

- Toothbrushes and paste.

- Sam's Club - Two days ago I went into PV with one of the owners of the place we are staying right now. When we walked into Sam's Club I almost started to cry. Everything was still in Spanish and there were huge whole octopus and uncooked crab for sale in the frozen food section, but it felt so good to be somewhere that resembled something I know.

- Contacts and glasses

I think I could go one forever. I feel very grateful right now, in spite of my stressful times in Mexico. I know being here has reminded to be conscious of and grateful for things that I, and most of the people I know in the states, take for granted.

Happy Thanksgiving! And Happy Birthday to Mom and Sarah! Love you both!

Loves to all!

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Chels
Sounds like you are having an adventure. Ruby had a crazy diaper rash/ diarrhea too, but it wasn't ocean or beach-related. And I do have a washer/dryer... my heart goes out to you. We cant' wait to see you guys.